Embryonic stem cells (ESCs), derived from the inner cell mass (ICM) of blastocyst-stage embryos, are pluripotent and have a virtually unlimited capacity of self-renewal. They can differentiate into all cell types comprised of all three embryonic germ layers (ectoderm, mesoderm and endoderm). The formation of embryoid bodies (EBs) is a principal step in the differentiation of ESCs. When maintained in the EB formation medium and in the absence of MEF feeder layers, ES cells differentiate spontaneously and form three-dimensional aggregates. This structure facilitates multicellular interactions in which cell-cell contact occurs and gap junctions are established.
Tested for perfomance on EB formation. The standard evaluation includes:
1. Sterility test (bacteria, fungi and mycoplasma)
2. pH test
Storage and Shipping
- All products should be stored in the dark.
- Embryoid Body Formation Basal Medium is stable at 2-8 °C for up to one year; other components are stable at -20 °C for up to two years.
- Products should be discarded beyond the labeled expiration date.
- Once prepared, the fully supplemented (complete) medium can be stored for up to one month when stored in the dark at 2-8 °C.
- For optimal performance, repeated warm-cooling and freeze-thawing should be avoided.
Embryoid Body (EB) Formation Basal
Embryoid Body (EB) Formation-
Qualified Fetal Bovine Serum:50 mL
Non-Essential Amino Acid:5 mL
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.