Psoriasis is a chronic inflammatory and proliferative skin disease that affects 2-3% of the population in western countries and an estimated 80 million people worldwide. The disease causes disfiguration in 10- 30% of cases and arthiritis in 10-15% of patients. Although attempts are made to model aspects of psoriasis in animals, none of the models reproduce the complex psoriatic phenotypes that are observed in humans. The availability of an in vitro psoriasis model to screen candidate drugs and to gain a better understanding of the biological mechanisms involved in psoriatic disease would be valuable.
Creative Bioarray provides in vitro Psoriasis skin Model (psoriatic tissue equivalent, PTE) by co-culturing of keratinocytes, fibroblasts, dendritic cells, and T-cells, and offers our customer in vitro pharmacology assays and compound testing service such as histology, ultrastructure, cytokine release, and protein expression of the Psoriasis skin Model, dedicating to the evaluation of pharmacological efficacy of your products.
- To evaluation of pharmacological efficacy (screening, profiling, proof-of-concept) of your products (APIs, biosimilars, formulations, medical devices)
- Need a customized in vitro efficacy tests related to skin efficacy
Skin models available
- Normal Human Epidermal Keratinocytes
- In vitro 3D Psoriasis Skin Model
- Psoriasis Skin Explants (ex vivo)
Screening assays available
- Evaluating pharmacological efficacy
- Compound screening and profiling related to Psoriasis
- Cell viability and skin thickness
- Hyper-proliferation markers: Ki67
- Pro-inflammatory markers: IL-6, IL-8, IL17, IL-23 and TNFα and other markers involved in the inflammatory response.
- PGE2 expression
- Functional proteins: stratifin, Filaggrin, Elafin, and psoriasin
- Specific marker analysis by immunoassays or RT-qPCR
- qPCR, qPCRarray, RT-PCR
- Epidermal separation
- RNA extraction
- Protein extraction
Fig.1 Representative photomicrographs of immunohistochemical staining showing the expression of differentiation markers in control vs. psoriasis skin model under different treatment conditions.
Fig.2 Cytokines expressions of in vitro psoriasis skin model under treatment of different compounds
Related products and services
Choose our models to perform screening assays in house, or choose our assays and services directly!!
- Reconstructed human epidermis (RHE)
- Ex vivo skin explants
- Neurodermatology skin model
- Pigmented epidermis model
- Psoriasis skin model
- Compound screening service
Our customer service representatives are available 24hr a day! We thank you for choosing Creative Bioarray services!
In vitro Skin Models:
For research use only. Not for any other purpose.