Hypertension is the leading cause of death worldwide and cause hypertensive heart disease, coronary artery disease, chronic kidney disease, stroke, etc. Renovascular hypertension is identified as one of the most frequent causes of secondary hypertension and is related to an elevation of renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system (RAAS) activity.
Two-kidney-one-clip renovascular hypertension model is commonly used in hypertension, cardiovascular and kidney disease. The progress of renovascular hypertension is activated through implantation of a silver clip that called 2 Kidneys – 1 Clip (2R1C). Creative Bioarray offers you Two-kidney-one-clip renovascular hypertension model to help you understand the pathological mechanisms of renovascular hypertension and test the efficacy of novel drugs against it.
- We screen novel test compounds targeting renovascular hypertension.
- We evaluate plasma renin activity by Elisa.
- We monitor blood pressure (BP) of rats/mice by tail-cuff.
- PK/PD collection
- Biochemical analysis
- Blood pressure monitoring
- Assessment of kidney weight and body weight (KW/BW) ratio
- Pathological evaluation
With extensive experience in the field of renovascular hypertension, we are confident to help you to overcome any upcoming challenges. Our experts are fully capable of customizing our protocols and assays to meet your specific needs. With our help, we wish to facilitate your research with high efficiency.
Figure. 1. A renovascular hypertensive model was established using the 2K1C method. (A) View through a flank abdominal incision where the left renal hilum was revealed. (B) View of the renal artery and vein that were carefully isolated by blunt dissection. (C) A titanium vascular clip is shown that was successfully placed on the left renal artery, with the aid of an insulin needle tip whose outer diameter was 0.23 mm. (D) Image showing that the insulin needle tip was carefully removed.
Figure. 2. Effect of rutin on 2K1C induced changes of plasma renin content.
Quotation and ordering
If you have any special needs or questions regarding our services, please feel free to contact us at 631-626-9181 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to cooperating with you in the future.
- Li L , Zhang J , Wang R , et al. Establishment and evaluation of a reversible two?kidney, one?clip renovascular hypertensive rat model[J]. Experimental and Therapeutic Medicine, 2017.
- Kaur S , Muthuraman A. Therapeutic evaluation of rutin in two-kidney one-clip model of renovascular hypertension in rat[J]. Life Sciences, 2016:S0024320516301291.
For research use only. Not for any other purpose.