Splice Variant Analysis (FISH)
Alternative splicing is a fundamental regulatory process of gene expression that allows generation of multiple mRNA isoforms from a single gene, which plays significant roles in human disease, particularly cancer and neurological disorders. Splice variants that are found predominantly in tumors have clear diagnostic value and may provide potential drug targets. And understanding the process of aberrant splicing and the characterization of the splice variants may prove curcial to our understanding of malignant transformation.
Currently, there is only a limited number of methods have been explored to detect RNA splicing variants. Detection of short isoform-specific sequences requires RNA isolation for PCR analysis – an approach that loses the reginal and cell-type-specific distribution of isoforms. Having the capability to distinguish the differential expression of RNA variants in tissue is critical because alterations in mRNA splicing and editing, as well as coding single nucleotide polymorphisms, have been associated with numerous cancers, neurological and psychiatirc disorders. With years of experience in Fluorescence in situ hybridization, Creative Bioarray can offer a highly sensitive single-probe FISH/ISH approach that targets short exon/exon RNA splice junction using single-pair oligonucleotide probes. The detection we provide would ensure accurate detection of the mature mRNA variant.
Figure 1. Mouse ErbB4 isoform detection. The specificity and sensitivity of single-pair probes targeting exon-exon boundries were determined by hybridizing sections from WT mice. Probes targeting the exon 1/2 (pan1/2) and exon 2/3 (pan 2/3).
- Sensitive and specific detection of transcripts at cellular level
- Detection of cell-type-specific distribution of isoforms
- Accurate- In situ Detection Service – Custom design your probe
- Value- We focus on the quality of our service and all supported by competitive pricing
- Efficiency- We are able to provide the fastest turnaround time of any supplier in the industry
Creative Bioarray offers custom Splice Variants Analysis (FISH) services for your scientific research as follows:
- Probe design
- Probe synthesis
- Sample (Cells/FFPE/Others) preparation
- Data analysis
Quotation and ordering
Our customer service representatives are available 24hr a day! We thank you for choosing Creative Bioarray at your preferred Splice Variants Analysis (FISH) services.
- Vudattu N K.; et al. Expression analysis and functional activity of interleukin-7 splice variants[J]. Genes and immunity, 2009, 10(2): 132.
- Afsari B.; et al. Splice Expression Variation Analysis (SEVA) for inter-tumor heterogeneity of gene isoform usage in cancer[J]. Bioinformatics, 2018, 34(11): 1859-1867.
- Erben L.; et al. A Novel Ultrasensitive In Situ Hybridization Approach to Detect Short Sequences and Splice Variants with Cellular Resolution[J]. Molecular neurobiology, 2018, 55(7): 6169-6181.
- Deng R.; et al. Highly specific imaging of mRNA in single cells by target RNA-initiated rolling circle amplification[J]. Chemical science, 2017, 8(5): 3668-3675.
- Brinkman B M N. Splice variants as cancer biomarkers[J]. Clinical biochemistry, 2004, 37(7): 584-594.
For research use only. Not for any other purpose.