CARD-FISH for Environmental Microorganisms
Fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH) has been used as a standard technique in environmental microbilogy for more than 20 years. And CARD-FISH is an important improvement on the FISH technique, very useful for the detection, identification and quantification of microorganims in involved in bioleaching processes.
In environmental samples, single oligonucleotides carrying one fluorochrome may not provide enough fluorescence signal to detect cells with low ribosome content. An alternative labeling technique that increases fluorescence signals intensity uses horseradish-peroxidase (HRP-) labeled oligonucleotides. When using HRP-labeled probes, fluorescent staining results from a secondary incubation with fluorescently labeled tyramide. The specifically bound peroxidase molecules catalyze the deposition of these labeled reporter compounds within cells targeted by the HRP tagged probe. Many studies showed significant signal amplification after the CARD reaction, with up to 20-fold stronger signals than mono-fluorescently labeled probes. However, cell permeabilization protocols need to be adjusted in order to enable the larger enzyme-labeled oligonucleotides to penetrate into the cells. With many years of experience and in-depth knowledge, Creative Bioarray can offer the CARD-FISH service with different kinds of samples.
Fig1. A schematic presentation of the CARD-FISH-procedure and its adjustment for the enumeration of akinetes in sediments. Ramm J, Lupu A, Hadas O, et al. A CARD-FISH protocol for the identification and enumeration of cyanobacterial akinetes in lake sediments[J]. FEMS microbiology ecology, 2012, 82(1): 23-36.
The detection, identification and quantification of microorganims
- High accuracy and sensitively
- Fast turnaround time
- Competitive pricing
Creative Bioarray offers CARD-FISH Services for your scientific research as follows:
- Probe design
- Probe synthesis
- Optimization of FISH protocols
- FISH on samples
- Data analysis
Quotation and ordering
Our customer service representatives are available 24hr a day! We thank you for choosing Creative Bioarray at your preferred CARD-FISH for Environmental Microorganisms Service.
- Ramm J.; et al. A CARD-FISH protocol for the identification and enumeration of cyanobacterial akinetes in lake sediments[J]. FEMS microbiology ecology, 2012, 82(1): 23-36.
- Kubota K. CARD-FISH for environmental microorganisms: technical advancement and future applications[J]. Microbes and environments, 2013, 28(1): 3-12.
- Tischer.;et al. "Fluorescence in situ hybridization (CARD-FISH) of microorganisms in hydrocarbon contaminated aquifer sediment samples." Systematic and applied microbiology 35.8 (2012): 526-532.
- Rohde, Alexander, et al. "FISHing for bacteria in food–A promising tool for the reliable detection of pathogenic bacteria?." Food Microbiology 46 (2015): 395-407.
For research use only. Not for any other purpose.