Cell Cycle Assays
Creative Bioarray provides Cell Cycle Analysis Service for all of our customers.
The cell cycle is the most fundamental and important process by which eukaryotic cells duplicate and divide. The cell cycle consists of two specific and distinct phases: interphase, consisting of G1 (Gap 1), S (synthesis), and G2 (Gap 2), and the mitotic phase; M (mitosis).
The technique Creative Bioarray uses is flow cytometry measuring cellular DNA content.
Cell cycle refers to the set of events through which a cell grows, replicates its genome, and ultimately divides into two daughter cells through the process of mitosis. Because the amount of DNA in a cell shows characteristic changes throughout the cycle, techniques known as cell cycle analysis can be used to separate a population of cells according to the different phases of cell cycle they are in, based on their varying DNA content.
By using flow cytometry, staining dyes are needed. Creative Bioarray can choose different dyes to perform the assays, including propidium iodide (PI), BrdU, 7-amino actinomycin-D (7-AAD), Hoechst 33342 and 33258, and 4’6’-diamidino-2-phenylindole (DAPI), based on the customer’s applications or requirements.
- Different type of cell samples we can handle: Fixed, permeabilized, and for live/dead discrimination in intact cells, Live proliferating cells, Treated tissues (cell imaging, immunohistochemistry only), Fixed tissues, and extracts
- Fast turnaround time
- Suitable analysis protocol based on different cases
- Reliable results
- By combining genetic manipulations with cell cycle analysis, scientists study roles of specific proteins in cell cycle progression.
- Using cell cycle analysis, scientists can compare progression kinetics.
- Can be used in in vivo cell cycle analysis, BrdU can be injected in rodents and the target cell population can be isolated for cell cycle analysis.
Figure. FACS output of cell cycle analysis based on varying DNA content
Quotations and ordering
Our customer service representatives are available 24hr a day! We thank you for choosing Creative Bioarray services!
If you want to perform the analysis in house, Creative Bioarray also provides Cell Cycle Analysis Kit to assist with your research.
- Nunez, R. DNA measurement and cell cycle analysis by flow cytometry. Curr. Issues Mol. Biol. 2001, 3(3): 67-70.
For research use only. Not for any other purpose.