Cell Line Authentication
Creative Bioarray provides the world’s most comprehensive list of cells, and has realized that animal and human primary cells, tumor cell lines, continuous (immortalized) cell lines, and tissues are very important to the biopharmaceutical industry and to biomedical research as reagents, therapeutic modalities, and as proxy materials. Cell cultures have been at risk for misidentification due to labeling errors, incorrect classification by pathologists, and cross-contamination with other cell types. Continuous cell lines are potentially jeopardized due to the extended time these are in culture and the frequent manipulations involved in the course of feeding and subculturing. Human stem cell preparations which are propagated in the presence of non-human feeder cell layers are at risk of cross-contamination with the feeder cells. Tumor cells propagated by xenografting onto host animals are at risk of cross-contamination with the host cells.
All those examples of misidentified cell lines continue to surface today, which has made unambiguous cell authentication become an essential step in the scientific process. In order to assist all of our customers for their cell research, Creative Bioarray offers an accurate and reliable method for authentication of cells and cell lines, which is STR analysis service.
The human genome is full of repeated DNA sequences which come in various sizes and are classified according to the length of the core repeat units, the number of contiguous repeat units, and/or the overall length of the repeat region. DNA regions with short repeat units (usually 2-6 bp in length) are called Short Tandem Repeats (STR).
Creative Bioarray STR profiling is critical for verifying the identity of human cell lines, ensuring the uniqueness of the cell line and detecting laboratory errors such as misidentification and cross-contamination of lines. The sensitivity and high power of discrimination makes our STR analysis an ideal choice for the various types of cell authentication.
Highlight of Creative Bioarray STR Profiling
- Establish an STR profile of a newly derived or reprogrammed cell line
- Complete STR profile report by request
- Monitor identity of a cell line
- DNA extraction and amplification included
- Cross contamination detection and analysis
- STR profile comparison analysis
- Bioinformatics database analysis
- Results securely stored in Creative Bioarray database
- Fast turnaround time
- High accuracy, competitive price
Quotation and Ordering
Need to identify your cells? Or any questions about STR Profiling? Our customer service representatives are available 24hr a day! We thank you for choosing Creative Bioarray service.
- Barallon, R.; et al. Recommendation of short tandem repeat profiling for authenticating human cell lines, stem cells, and tissues. In Vitro Cellular & Developmental Biology - Animal. 2010, 46(9): 727–732.
- Butler, J.M.; et al., Short tandem repeat typing technologies used in human identity testing. BioTechniques. 2007, 43: Sii-Sv.
For research use only. Not for any other purpose.