Retinal Pigment Epithelium (RPE) Differentiation
Human iPSC-derived retinal pigment epithelium (RPE) provides a physiologically relevant cell line model to understand basic ocular biology and ocular diseases. Creative Bioarray's iPSC-derived RPE protocol provides high quality RPEs with expression of lineage-committed markers and functional phenotype such as phagocytosis, and by providing an unlimited source of these cells.
iPSC-derived RPEs represent the best of both worlds: as primary cells they show in vivo-like genetic and functional characteristics and the ability to generate large quantities of isogenic cell lines from the same parental iPSC line. In fact, transplantation of autologous iPSC-derived RPEs have been successful in rescuing vision in animal models and are being tested in patients in one of the first clinical trials in regenerative medicine. Creative Bioarray provides custom service for iPSC differentiation to RPEs using optimized, efficient protocols:
- RPE-like cells with typical cobblestone morphology and pigmentation
- High quality and purity cells (60-80% purity) expressing RPE-specific markers Bestrophin 1 (BEST1)/ RPE65
- From iPSCs derived using different reprogramming strategies from fibroblast/ PBMC/ CD34+ cord blood cells
- From healthy/ disease/ engineered iPSCs
- Well-characterized "Master" control, human iPSC lines available for a ready start to your differentiation projects as well as control lines for your disease modeling experiments
Figure 1. Differentiation of induced pluripotent stem cells into retinal pigment epithelial cells.
- Cryopreserved iPSC-derived RPE: 60-80% BEST1+/RPE65+ cells
- Antibody staining images and/or flow cytometry data for the cell type specific markers
- Recovery Test, Mycoplasma Test
- Sub-culture protocol and media (optional)
- Other markers (available upon request)
Creative Bioarray is an experienced and outstanding provider of Retinal Pigment Epithelium (RPE) Differentiation service as well as differentiation kit. We are dedicated to providing quality data and comprehensive service for your scientific research, and we are pleased to use our extensive experience and advanced platform to offer the best service to satisfy each demand from our customers.
If you have any special need in Retinal Pigment Epithelium Differentiation service, do not hesitate to contact us for this special service. Please let us know what you need and we will accommodate you. We look forward to working with you in the future.
For research use only. Not for any other purpose.