Scopolamine induced amnesia is one of the most common AD-related model targeting cholinergic neurons, which is often used to explore the role of cholinergic in dementia and to screen drugs for AD. In addition, there are other substances that cause similar pathological phenotypes of AD, including okadaic acid for tau phosphorylation, endotoxins for brain inflammation, sodium azide for mitochondrial dysfunction and heavy metal for inducing reactive oxygen species.
Figure. 1. Intracerebral injection in mice
Induced damage models include but not limited to:
- Scopolamine induced model
- Streptozocin (STZ) induced model
- Ibotenic acid (IBO) induced model
- Aβ induced model
- Okadaic acid induced model
- Colchicine induced model
- Heavy metal induced model
- NaN3 induced model
- D-gal combined with ibotenic acid induced model
- D-gal combined with AlCl3 induced model
- D-gal combined with Aβ induced model
- Behavioral and cognitive function tests
- Histopathology assays
- Mechanism/ signaling pathway studies
- Biomarkers discovery
- Learning and memory deficits tests
- Synaptic impairment
- Oxidative stress
- Phosphorylated tau
- Glycogen synthase kinase-3 beta (GSK3β)
- Neurofilament Light Chain levels
- Neuronal loss
- β-AP level
- Plaque load
- β-sheet load
- pE(3)-Aβ load
- Enzyme activity related to cholinergic system
- NMDA receptor function and excitotoxicity
- Mitochondrial dysfunction
- Brain slice staining and synaptic electrophysiology
- Blood brain barrier homeostasis
- Cerebral vascular angiopathy (CAA)
With 10 years of hard working and continuous development, as a senior leader specialize in AD research with enormous industrial experience, Creative Bioarray is exceptionally positioned to be your partner. We will make our best efforts to meet your unique requires by providing individually customized service.
Figure. 2. Effect of statin treatment on hippocampal damage induced by KA (kainate)
Quotation and ordering
If you have any special needs or questions regarding our services, please feel free to contact us at 631-626-9181 or email@example.com. We look forward to cooperating with you in the future.
- Szabo, R et al. New Metabolic Influencer on Oxytocin Release: The Ghrelin[J]. Molecules, 2019, 18;24(4).
- Ramirez C et al. Simvastatin is the statin that most efficiently protects against kainate-induced excitotoxicity and memory impairment. Journal of Alzheimers Disease Jad. 2011; 24: 161.
For research use only. Not for any other purpose.