- Creative Bioarray Smooth Muscle Cell Growth Medium 2 has been developed for the in vitro cultivation of smooth muscle cells from blood vessels and hollow organs. The medium is optimized for primary human cells, but can also be used for bovine, porcine, dog, murine and rat smooth muscle cells. Creative Bioarray Smooth Muscle Cell Media are available as Medium kit. The Medium Kit consists of a 500 ml bottle of Basal Medium and the SupplementPack (a set of individual vials with pre-measured supplements) allowing the user full control over the media formulation. Adding the SupplementPack to the Basal Medium results in the complete Growth Medium. Basal Medium (with or without phenol red) as well as the SupplementPack can also be purchased separately.
- Quality Control
- All lots of Creative Bioarray Smooth Muscle Cell Growth Medium are subjected to comprehensive quality control tests using primary human smooth muscle cells. Each lot is checked for growth promoting activity, adherence rate, and typical morphology of the t
- Storage and Shipping
- Store the Basal Medium at 4 to 8 °C in the dark and the SupplementMix or SupplementPack at -20 °C immediately after arrival. Do not freeze the Basal Medium! If stored properly, the products are stable until the expiry date stated on the label. After adding the supplements to the Basal Medium, the shelf life of the complete medium is 6 weeks at 4 to 8 °C. Do not freeze the complete medium. For use, pre-warm only an aliquot of the complete medium and keep the remaining medium refrigerated at 4 to 8 °C.
Note: The SupplementMix and SupplementPack are delivered thawed and can be frozen after arrival without losing any activity.
- Recommended for
- Human Umbilical Artery Smooth Muscle Cells (HUASMC)
Human Coronary Artery Smooth Muscle Cells (HCASMC)
Human Pulmonary Artery Smooth Muscle Cells (HPASMC)
Human Aortic Smooth Muscle Cells (HAoSMC)
Human Bronchial Smooth Muscle Cells (HBSMC)
- Creative Bioarray Smooth Muscle Cell Growth Medium 2 contains all the growth factors and supplements necessary for the optimal growth of human smooth muscle cells. The Medium contains Epidermal Growth Factor, basic Fibroblast Growth Factor, and Insulin (f
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.