Creative Bioarray is providing reliable endocrine disruptor screening assay service. After years of development, Creative Bioarray has become an expert in endocrine disruptor screening researches. By supporting a variety of customers, we are fully able to meet your project requirements and budgets.
Endocrine disruptors are chemicals that can interfere with endocrine (or hormone) systems in the body. Chemicals with estrogenic effects can be found in everyday life because of low doses of endocrine disrupting chemicals in thousands of products such as metal food cans, plastic bottles, detergents, flame retardants, toys, cosmetics and pesticides. Endocrine disrupting chemicals that are commonly detected in people include DDT, polychlorinated biphenyls (PCB's), bisphenol A (BPA), polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDE's), diethylstilbestrol, and phthalates.
In the past years, more and more evidence showed that adverse effects exist in humans and wildlife when exposed to chemicals which can disrupt the endocrine system. These adverse effects are as follows:
- Cancerous tumors such as breast cancer, prostate cancer, thyroid and other cancers
- Sexual development problems such as masculinizing of females or feminizing of males
- Other developmental disorders including attention deficit disorder, learning disabilities, cognitive and brain development problems
- Deformation of the body
Chemicals can affect endocrine systems in various ways. Followings are three major mechanisms that chemicals disrupt the endocrine system.
||By mimicking or enhancing the endogenous hormone’s action to disrupt the endocrine system
||By blocking a hormone receptor to prevent an endogenous hormone’s action, thereby disrupting the endocrine system
||By affecting the synthesis, transport, metabolism of an endogenous hormone to disrupt the endocrine system
Fig. The schematic diagram of an endocrine disruptor absorption. A: normal hormone levels can be decreased or increased by an endocrine disruptor, B: the natural hormones can be mimicked by an endocrine disruptor; C: the natural production of hormones can be altered by an endocrine disruptor.
- High stability and reproducibility
- Cost effective with rapid turn-around time
- Professional technical support and consultation
Endocrine Disruption Screening Assay Methods
- Estrogen Receptor (ER) Transactivation
- Androgen Receptor (AR) Transactivation
- Androgen Receptor (AR) Modulation
- Estrogen Receptor-alpha (ER-α) Binding
- Estrogen Receptor beta (ER-β) Binding
- Androgen Receptor (AR) Binding
Creative Bioarray offers consistent and cost effective endocrine disruption screening service. We support researches to determine whether exposure to endocrine disruptors may lead to human health effects such as lowered fertility, increased incidence of endometriosis, and some cancers. With multiple specialists and years of experience in this area, we guarantee you quality data and customized results to meet your project requirements. If you have additional requirements or questions, do not hesitate to contact us. Our specialists would like to help solve your problems, and Creative Bioarray will be your best work partner in this field.