- Creative Bioarray Keratinocyte Growth Medium 2 is a serum-free medium that was developed for the in vitro cultivation of epidermal keratinocytes without feeder cells. The medium is optimized for primary human cells, but can also be used for horse, porcine, as well as mouse and rat keratinocytes when adapting the calcium chloride (CaCl2) concentration. In addition, it is suited for rat corneal keratinocytes. Creative Bioarray Keratinocyte Growth Medium 2 is available as Medium kit. The Medium kit consists of a 500 ml bottle of Basal Medium, one vial of CaCl2 stock solution, and one vial of SupplementMix. The Medium Kit consists of a 500 ml bottle of Basal Medium and the SupplementPack (a set of individual vials with pre-measured supplements) allowing the user full control over the media formulation. Adding the Supplement solutions to the Basal Medium results in the complete Growth Medium. Basal Medium (with or without phenol red), SupplementMix as well as SupplementPack can also be purchased separately.
- Quality Control
- All lots of Creative Bioarray Keratinocyte Growth Medium 2 are subjected to comprehensive quality control tests using primary human keratinocytes. Each lot is checked for growth promoting activity, adherence rate, and typical morphology of the tested kera
- Storage and Shipping
- Store the Basal Medium at 4 to 8 °C in the dark and the SupplementMix, the CaCl2 solution, or the SupplementPack at -20 °C immediately after arrival. Do not freeze the Basal Medium. If stored properly, the products are stable until the expiry date stated on the label. After adding the supplements to the Basal Medium, the shelf life of the complete medium is 6 weeks at 4 to 8 °C. Do not freeze the complete medium. For use, pre-warm only an aliquot of the complete medium and keep the remaining medium refrigerated at 4 to 8 °C.
Note: The SupplementMix, the CaCl2 solution, and the SupplementPack are delivered thawed and can be frozen after arrival without losing any activity.
- Recommended for
- Normal Human Epidermal Keratinocytes (NHEK), juvenile foreskin
Normal Human Epidermal Keratinocytes (NHEK), adult donor
- Creative Bioarray Keratinocyte Growth Medium 2 contains all the growth factors and supplements necessary for the optimal growth of human keratinocytes, e.g. Bovine Pituitary Extract, Epidermal Growth Factor, Insulin, and Transferrin. Creative Bioarray Ker
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.