- RANKL and RANK are members of the TNF superfamily of ligands and receptors that play an important role in the regulation of specific immunity and bone turnover. RANK (receptor) was originally identified as a dendritic-cell-membrane protein, which by interacting with RANKL augments the ability of dendritic cells to stimulate na?ve T-cell proliferation in a mixed lymphocyte reaction, to promote the survival of RANK + T cells, and to regulate T-cell-dependent immune response. RANKL, which is expressed in a variety of cells including osteoblasts, fibroblasts, activated T-cells and bone marrow stromal cells, is also capable of interacting with a decoy receptor called OPG. Binding of soluble OPG to sRANKL inhibits osteoclastogenesis by interrupting the signaling between stromal cells and osteoclastic progenitor cells, thereby leading to excess accumulation of bone and cartilage. Recombinant rat sRANKL is a 19.4 kDa polypeptide comprising the TNF homologous region of RANKL (174 amino acid residues).
- Product Overview
- Rat Tnfsf11 expressed in E.coli
- CAT# CSC-CTK0833-10 (10 μg); CAT# CSC-CTK0833-50 (50 μg)
- Greater than 98% as determined by SDS-PAGE and HPLC analysis.
- Determined by its ability to induce osteoclast formation in RAW264.7 cells using a concentration range of 5.0-10.0 ng/ml.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 1 EU/μg.
- Lyophilized from a sterile-filtered solution with no additives.
- Please centrifuge product before opening vial. The lyophilized protein should be reconstituted with distilled, sterile water to a concentration of 0.1-1.0 mg/ml. For further dilution, carrier protein (0.1% BSA or HSA) should be added to avoid loss of bioactivity.
- Storage & Stability
- The lyophilized protein, though stable at room temperature for up to 3 weeks, is best stored desiccated at -20°C. Reconstituted protein should be used immediately or stored long-term in undiluted working aliquots at -20°C. For long-term storage it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA). Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.