- Recombinant rat Interleukin-6 (rRa IL-6) is a potent lymphoid cell growth factor that stimulates the growth and survivability of certain B cells and T cells. It is an important proinflammatory and immunoregulatory cytokine and has been shown to inhibit the growth of early stage and to promote the proliferation of advanced stage melanoma cells in vitro. Recombinant rat IL-6 produced in E. coli is a single, non-glycosylated polypeptide chain of 187 amino acids and a molecular mass of 21,732 Dalton.
- Product Overview
- Rat Il6 expressed in E.coli
- CAT# CSC-CTK0820-10 (10 μg); CAT# CSC-CTK0820-50 (50 μg)
- Greater than 90% as determined by SDS-PAGE and RP-HPLC analysis.
- Recombinant rat IL-6 is fully biologically active when compared to a standard. The biological activity was determined by the dose-dependent stimulation of mouse 7TD1 cells. The ED50 as determined by this test is less than 0.01 ng/ml corresponding to a specific activity of >1 x 10^7 IU/mg.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 1 EU/μg.
- Sterile-filtered, white, lyophilized (freeze-dried) powder. The sterile-filtered solution was lyophilized with no additives.
- Please centrifuge product briefly before opening vial. rRa IL-6 should be reconstituted with 10 mM HCl acid to a concentration of 0.1-1.0 mg/ml. This solution can then be diluted into water or other aqueous buffers and stored at -20°C for future use.
- Storage & Stability
- The lyophilized powder, though stable at room temperature for up to 3 weeks, is best stored desiccated at -20°C. Reconstituted rRa IL-6 should be used immediately or stored long-term in undiluted working aliquots at -20°C. For long term storage, it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA). Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.