- Recombinant Rat Interleukin-4 (rRa IL-4) is a potent lymphoid cell growth factor, which stimulates the growth and survivability of certain B and T cells. Produced by mast cells, T cells and bone marrow stromal cells, IL-4 regulates the differentiation of naive CD4+ T cells into helper Th2 cells, characterized by their cytokine-secretion profile that includes secretion of IL-4, IL-5, IL-6, IL-10, and IL-13, which favor a humoral immune response. Another dominant function of IL-4 is the regulation of immunoglobulin class switching to the IgG1 and IgE isotypes. Excessive IL-4 production by Th2 cells has been associated with elevated IgE production and allergy. Recombinant rat IL-4 is a 14.0 kDa globular protein containing 126 amino acid residues. It has been purified by proprietary chromatographic techniques.
- Product Overview
- Rat Il4 expressed in E.coli
- CAT# CSC-CTK0818-20 (20 μg); CAT# CSC-CTK0818-100 (100 μg)
- Greater than 98% as determined by SDS-PAGE, FPLC and RP-HPLC analysis.
- Recombinant Rat IL-4 is fully biologically active when compared to a standard. Determined by its ability to suppress LPS-induced TNF-alpha and MIP-2 production in mouse splenocytes.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 1 EU/μg.
- Lyophilized from a sterile-filtered, concentrated protein solution with no additives.
- Please centrifuge product briefly before opening the vial. The lyophilized protein should be reconstituted in sterile, ultra-pure water to a concentration of 0.1-1.0 mg/ml. This solution can then be diluted into other aqueous buffers and stored at -20°C for future use.
- Storage & Stability
- The lyophilized protein, though stable at room temperature for up to 3 weeks, is best stored desiccated at -20°C. Reconstituted rat IL-4 should be used immediately or stored long-term in undiluted working aliquots at -20°C. For long term storage, it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA). Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.