- Interleukin (IL)-15 is a pleiotropic pro-inflammatory cytokine that is expressed in several inflammatory disorders, including rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis and pulmonary inflammatory diseases. IL-15 promotes activation of T cells, neutrophils and macrophages, and is critical to dendritic cell function in several model systems. Recent emerging data suggest that IL-15 may serve as a useful therapeutic target across a range of disease states. Advances in the past year highlight the beneficial effect of IL-15 neutralisation in models of psoriasis and diabetes. Further evidence for IL-15 expression and effector function has emerged across a range of rheumatic disorders, including juvenile inflammatory arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and Kawasaki disease. Interleukin-15 (IL-15) is a gamma-common cytokine, which plays an important role in the development, survival and proliferation of NK, NK T and CD8+ T cells. Recombinant rat IL-15 produced in E. coli is a single, non-glycosylated polypeptide chain of 115 amino acids and a molecular mass of 13,533 Dalton.
- Product Overview
- Rat Il15 expressed in E.coli
- CAT# CSC-CTK0827-10 (10 μg); CAT# CSC-CTK0827-50 (50 μg)
- Greater than 98% as determined by SDS-PAGE and RP-HPLC analysis.
- Recombinant rat IL-15 is fully biologically active when compared to a standard. The ED50 as determined by the dose-dependent stimulation of the proliferation of CTLL-2 was found to be < 10 ng/ml, corresponding to a specific activity of Greater than 1 x 10^5 IU/mg.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 1 EU/μg.
- Sterile-filtered white, lyophilized (freeze-dried) powder. Lyophilized from a concentrated protein solution with no additives.
- Please centrifuge product briefly before opening vial. The lyophilized protein should be reconstituted in sterile, ultra-pure water to a concentration of 0,1 - 1,0 mg/ml. This solution can then be diluted into other aqueous buffers and stored at -20°C for future use.
- Storage & Stability
- The lyophilized protein, though stable at room temperature for up to 3 weeks, is best stored desiccated at -20°C. Reconstituted rRa IL-15 should be used immediately or stored long-term in undiluted working aliquots at -20°C. For long-term storage it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA). Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.