- MEC is a secreted CC chemokine expressed primarily by epithelial cells of the bronchioles, salivary gland, mammary gland and colon. It is part of the subfamily of small cytokine CC genes and shows chemotactic activity for resting CD4 or CD8 T cells and eosinophils. CCL28 binds to chemokine receptors CCR3 and CCR10 and is involved in the physiology of extracutaneous epithelial tissues, including diverse mucosal organs, and the pathogenesis of inflammatory skin diseases. CCL28 mediates mucosal immunity in HIV exposure and infection. MEC signals through the CCR10 receptor and chemoattracts resting CD4, CD8 T-cells and eosinophils. MEC contains six cysteines including the four highly conserved cysteine residues present in CC chemokines. Recombinant rat MEC is a 13.1 kDa protein containing 116 amino acid residues. It has been purified by proprietary chromatographic techniques.
- Product Overview
- Rat Ccl28 expressed in E.coli
- CAT# CSC-CTK0873-20 (20 μg); CAT# CSC-CTK0873-100 (100 μg)
- Greater than 95% as determined by SDS-PAGE and HPLC analysis.
- Fully biologically active when compared to a standard. Biological activity was determined by its ability to chemoattract murine lymphocytes using a concentration range of 1.0-10.0 ng/ml.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 1 EU/μg.
- White (freeze-dried) powder. Lyophilized from a sterile-filtered (0.2 μm), concentrated protein solution in 20 mM phosphate buffer (pH 7.4),150 mM NaCl.
- Please centrifuge product briefly before opening the vial. Reconstitute in sterile, ultra-pure water to a concentration of 0.1-1.0 mg/ml. This solution can be diluted into other aqueous buffers and stored at -20°C for future use.
- Storage & Stability
- The lyophilized powder, though stable at room temperature for up to 3 weeks, is best stored desiccated at -20°C. Reconstituted rRa MEC should be used immediately or stored long-term in undiluted working aliquots at -20°C. For long-term storage, it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA). Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.