- RELM-alpha is a secreted protein that has a restricted tissue distribution with highest levels in adipose tissue stroma. Murine RELM-alpha (FIZZ1) is the founding member of a new gene family including two other murine genes expressed, respectively, in intestinal crypt epithelium (RELM- beta) and white adipose tissue (Resistin), and two related human genes. RELM-alpha inhibits the differentiation of 3T3-L1 preadipocytes into adipocytes but has no effect on proliferation of 3T3- L1 preadipocytes. In the lung, RELM-alpha is induced by hypoxia and was renamed as hypoxia- induced mitogenic factor (HIMF). HIMF strongly activated Akt phosphorylation. The phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3K) inhibitor LY294002 (10 micromol/l) inhibited HIMF- activated Akt phosphorylation. It also inhibited HIMF-stimulated RPSM proliferation. Thus, the PI3K/Akt pathway, at least in part, mediates the proliferative effect of HIMF. Further studies showed that HIMF had angiogenic and vasoconstrictive properties. HIMF increased pulmonary arterial pressure and vascular resistence. Other studies suggest that HIMF regulates apoptosis and may participate in lung alveolarization and maturation. Recombinant mouse RELM-alpha, expressed in E. coli, is a 10.0 kDa protein containing 88 amino acid residues.
- Product Overview
- Mouse Retnla expressed in E.coli
- CAT# CSC-CTK0770-25 (25 μg); CAT# CSC-CTK0770-125 (125 μg)
- Greater than 98% as determined by SDS-PAGE and HPLC analysis.
- Sterile-filtered, white, lyophilized (freeze-dried) powder. Sterile-filtered and lyophilized from a 0.5 mg/ml solution in 10 mM sodium phosphate buffer (pH 7.5).
- Please centrifuge product brieftly before opening vial. Reconstitute at 0.1 mg/ml with sterile, deionized water and let the lyophilized pellet dissolve completely. This solution can then be diluted into other aqueous buffers and stored at -20°C for future use.
- Storage & Stability
- The lyophilized protein is best stored desiccated at -20°C. Reconstituted rMu RELM-alpha should be used immediately or stored long-term in undiluted working aliquots at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.