- Interleukin 5 (IL-5) is a species-crossreactive cytokine produced by mast cells, T cells and eosinophils. It induces the proliferation, differentiation and activation of eosinophils. It is also a growth and differentiation factor for mouse B cells. IL-5 is an antiparallel disulphide-linked homodimer of molecular
mass of approximately 45 kDa. Mature IL-5 monomers contain 113 amino acid residues and 3 glycosylation sites. IL-5 binds to a specific heterodimeric cell surface receptor formed by two subunits, the binding IL-5Ra subunit and the non-binding b subunit, also shared by the receptors for IL-3 and GM-CSF, thus termed b-common (bc). Due to heterogeneous glycosylation, recombinant IL-5 resolves into multiple bands ranging from 32-34 kDa in SDS-PAGE.
- Product Overview
- Mouse Il5 expressed in Spodoptera frugiperda 21
- Produced in Spodoptera frugiperda 21 cells using a recombinant baculovirus expression vector containing a mouse IL-5 cDNA cloned from EL-4 T cells.
- CAT# CSC-CTK0046-5 (5 μg); CAT# CSC-CTK0046-25 (25 μg)
- Expression System
- Spodoptera frugiperda 21
- Greater than 97% as determined by SDS-PAGE and visualized by silver stain
- Activity was determined in a cell proliferation assay using the factor-dependent human cell line, TF-1 and the ED50 for this effect was typically 0.04 - 0.15 ng/mL.
- Endotoxin Level
- Endotoxin level less than 0.1 ng per 1 mg of the cytokine as determined by the LAL method.
- Lyophilized from a sterile solution in PBS containing 50 mg of bovine serum albumin per 1 mg of cytokine.
- It is recommended that sterile PBS containing at least 0.1% human serum albumin or bovine serum albumin be added to the vial to prepare a stock solution of no less than 5 mg/mL of the cytokine.
- Storage & Stability
- Lyophilized samples are stable for greater than six months at -20°C to -70°C. Reconstituted mouse IL-5 can be stored under sterile conditions at 2°C -4°C for one month or at -20°C to -70°C for three months without detectable loss of activity. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.