- Interleukin-27 is related to IL-12A and is a subunit of a heterodimeric cytokine complex. IL-27 interacts with EBV induced gene 3 also called EBI3, and forms a complex that drives rapid expansion of CD4 (+) T cells. IL-27 complex synergizes with IL-12 in order to trigger the IFN- gamma production of of CD4(+) T cells. The biological effect of IL-27 is mediated by class-I cytokine receptor (WSX1/TCRR). The pro-inflammatory activity of IL-27 is mediated through the growing expression of key molecules involved in the MHC class-I & MHC class-II pathways. Both MHC class-I and MHC-class-II expression are increased in endothelial cells after Interleukin-27 stimulation suggesting that it may play an important role in conferring the immune function on vascular endothelium. The IL-27 (p28) subunit can be induced by IFN-beta and during LPS- induced maturation of dendritic cells in an type-I IFN-dependent manner through IFN regulatory factor-1 activation. Interleukin-27 regulates Interleukin-12 responsiveness of CD4+ T cells through Stat1-dependent and -independent mechanisms. Interleukin-27 possesses potent anti- angiogenic activity that plays an important role in its antitumor and antimetastatic activities and it is a potent inhibitor of HIV-1 replication in macrophages, CD4+ T cells, peripheral blood mononuclear cells. It also triggers STAT activation and gene transcription. Recombinant mouse IL-27 produced in E. coli is a single, non-glycosylated polypeptide chain of 207 amino acids having a molecular mass of 23.7 kDa. It has been purified by using proprietary chromatographic techniques.
- Product Overview
- Mouse Il27 expressed in E.coli
- CAT# CSC-CTK0702-10 (10 μg); CAT# CSC-CTK0702-50 (50 μg)
- Greater than 95% as determined by SDS-PAGE and RP-HPLC analysis.
- Mouse IL-27 (p28) biological activity was measured via dose-dependent inhibition of TGF-beta and IL-6 induced IL-17A expression in mouse CD4 splenocytes. 50 ng/ml of mouse p28 is capable of inhibiting >25% of IL-17A expression in this assay.
- Lyophilized from a concentrated sterile-filtered pr otein solution in 10 mM sodium phosphate (NaP) buffer (pH 7.5).
- Please centrifuge product briefly before opening the vial. The lyophilized protein should be reconstituted in sterile, ultra-pure water to a concentration of 0.1-1.0 mg/ml. This solution can then be diluted into other aqueous buffers and stored at –20°C for future use.
- Storage & Stability
- The lyophilized protein, though stable at room temperature for up to 3 weeks, is best stored dessicated at -20°C. Reconstituted protein should be used immediately or stored long-term in undiluted working aliquots at –20°C. For long term storage, it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA). Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.