- Mouse Interleukin-13 (IL-13) is produced primarily by activated Th2 cells. IL-13 is a pleiotropic immune regulatory cytokine that promotes growth of human B cells; induces expression of germ line Ce transcripts, directs na?ve B cells to switch to the synthesis of IgE and IgG4, and induces expression of CD23 and Class
II-MHC. In monocytes, IL-13 down-regulates FcgR expression; inhibits synthesis of proinflammatory cytokines, including TNF-a, IL-1b, IL-6 and IL-8; induces monocyte/macrophage fusion and mannose receptor expression. IL-13 inhibits the synthesis of IL-12, nitric oxide synthase and cyclooxigenase-2. The mouse IL-13 cDNA encodes a 131 amino acid protein that shares 58% identity with human IL-13 and exhibits cross-species activity on human cells. Additionally, IL-13 shares 30% sequence homology to IL-4 and the two cytokines exert overlapping biological activities. IL-13 binds to a heterodimeric receptor formed by the IL-13Ra and the IL-4Ra. The mouse IL-13 cDNA encodes a 131 amino acid protein containing a proposed 20 amino acid signal peptide. The 106 amino acid residue recombinant protein has
a predicted molecular mass of approximately 11.5 kDa. The purified protein migrates anomalously on SDS-PAGE as a 9 kDa protein.
- Product Overview
- Mouse Il13 expressed in E.coli
- A DNA sequence corresponding to amino acid residues Ser26 to Phe131 of the mouse IL-13 cDNA was expressed in E. coli.
- CAT# CSC-CTK0002-5 (5 μg); CAT# CSC-CTK0002-25 (25 μg)
- Greater than 97% as determined by SDS-PAGE and visualized by silver stain
- Activity was determined in a cell proliferation assay using a human factor-dependent cell line, TF-1 and the ED50 for this effect is typically 3 - 6 ng/mL.
- Endotoxin Level
- Endotoxin level less than 0.1 ng per 1 mg of the cytokine as determined by the LAL method.
- Lyophilized from a sterile solution in PBS containing 50 mg of bovine serum albumin per 1 mg of cytokine.
- It is recommended that sterile PBS containing at least 0.1% human serum albumin or bovine serum albumin be added to the vial to prepare a stock solution of no less than 5 mg/mL of the cytokine.
- Storage & Stability
- Lyophilized samples are stable for greater than six months at -20°C to -70°C. Reconstituted mouse IL-13 can be stored under sterile conditions at 2°C to 4°C for one month or at -20°C to -70°C for three months without detectable loss of activity. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.