- FGF-21 is a secreted growth factor that is a member of the FGF family. Proteins of this family play a central role during prenatal development and postnatal growth and regeneration of a variety of tissues, by promoting cellular proliferation and differentiation. FGF-21, in the presence of beta-Klotho as a protein cofactor, signals through the FGFR 1c and 4 receptors and stimulates insulin independent glucose uptake by adipocytes. |Mouse recombinant Fibroblast Growth Factor -21 is a single, non-glycosylated, polypeptide chain containing 183 amino acids including the N- terminal methionin and having a molecular mass of 20.1 kDa. The amino acid sequence of the recombinant mouse FGF-21 is 100% homologous to the amino acid sequence of the mouse FGF-21 without signal sequence.
- Product Overview
- Mouse Fgf21 expressed in E.coli
- CAT# CSC-CTK0673-10 (10 μg); CAT# CSC-CTK0673-50 (50 μg)
- Greater than 95% as determined by SDS-PAGE and RP-HPLC analysis.
- Sterile-filtered, white, lyophilized (freeze-dried) powder. Lyophilized from a concentrated (0.5 mg/ml) protein solution in 20 mM TRIS, 20 mM NaCl, ( pH 7.5).
- Please centrifuge product briefly before opening vial. The lyophilized protein should be reconstituted in sterile, ultra-pure water to a concentration of 0.1-1.0 mg/ml. This solution can then be diluted into other aqueous buffers and stored at -20°C for future use.
- Storage & Stability
- The lyophilized protein, though stable at room temperature for up to 3 weeks, is best stored desiccated at -20°C. Reconstituted protein should be used immediately or stored long-term in undiluted working aliquots at -20°C. For long-term storage it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA). Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.