- Fibroblast Growth Factor 18 (FGF-18) is a member of the large FGF family which has at least 23 members. FGF-18 is a heparin binding growth factor with a core 120 amino acid FGF domain which allows for a common tertiary structure. FGFs are expressed in the course of the embryonic development and in restricted adult tissues. FGF-18 is an indispensable regulator of long bone and calvarial development and it signals via FGFR 1c, 2c, 3c, and 4. Mouse recombinant FGF-18 produced in E. coli is a single, non-glycosylated polypeptide chain of 180 amino acids and a molecular mass of 21 kDa. It has been purified by proprietary chromatographic techniques.
- Product Overview
- Mouse Fgf18 expressed in E.coli
- CAT# CSC-CTK0672-25 (25 μg); CAT# CSC-CTK0672-125 (125 μg)
- Greater than 95% as determined by SDS-PAGE and HPLC analysis.
- The ED50 as determined by the dose-dependent stimulation of thymidine uptake by BaF3 cells expressing FGF receptors is <0.5 ng/ml, corresponding to a specific activity of Greater than2 x 10^6 units/mg.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 1 EU/μg.
- White (freeze-dried) powder. Lyophilized from a 0.2 μm filtered, concentrated protein solution in PBS (pH 7.4).
- Please centrifuge product briefly before opening vial. The lyophilized protein should be reconstituted in sterile, ultra-pure water to a concentration of 0.1-1.0 mg/ml. This solution can then be diluted into other aqueous buffers and stored at -20°C for future use.
- Storage & Stability
- The lyophilized protein, though stable at room temperature for up to 3 weeks, is best stored desiccated at -20°C. Reconstituted protein should be used immediately or stored long-term in undiluted working aliquots at -20°C. For long-term storage it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA). Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.