- A neurotrophic factor that promotes the survival of various neuronal cell types and may play an important role in the injury response in the nervous system.CNTF, like FGF acidic, FGF basic, and PD-ECGF (platelet-derived endothelial cell growth factor), does not possess a signal sequence that would allow secretion of the factor by classical secretion pathways (endoplasmatic reticulum/Golgi system). The mechanism underlying the release of CNTF is unknown. Recombinant mouse CNTF produced in E. coli is a single, non-glycosylated polypeptide chain of 198 amino acids and a molecular mass of 22.6 kDa. It has been purified by proprietary chromatographic techniques.
- Product Overview
- Mouse Cntf expressed in E.coli
- CAT# CSC-CTK0758-25 (25 μg); CAT# CSC-CTK0758-125 (125 μg)
- Greater than 97% as determined by SDS-PAGE and RP-HPLC analysis.
- Recombinant mouse Ciliary Neurotrophic Factor is fully biologically active when compared to a standard. The ED50, as determined by the dose-dependent stimulation of TF-1 cells, is less then 35 ng/ml corresponding to a specific activity of Greater than 30,000 units/mg.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 1 EU/μg.
- White (freeze-dried) powder. Lyophilized from a sterile-filtered (0.2 μm) concentrated protein solution in 1×PBS (pH 7.4).
- Please centrifuge product briefly before opening vial. The lyophilized protein should be reconstituted in sterile, ultra-pure water to a concentration of 0.1-1.0 mg/ml. This solution can then be diluted into other aqueous buffers and stored at -20°C for future use.
- Storage & Stability
- The lyophilized protein, though stable at room temperature for up to 3 weeks, is best stored desiccated at -20°C. Reconstituted rMu CNTF should be used immediately or stored long-term in undiluted working aliquots at -20°C. For long-term storage it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA). Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.