- Human APO-SAA is a 104 amino acid polypeptide that circulates primarily in association with high-density lipoproteins (HDL). The level of APO-SAA, normally 1-5 μg/ml in plasma, increases 500-1000 fold within 24 hours of an inflammatory stimulus and, under these conditions, is the most abundant HDL apo-lipoprotein. The human SAA gene codes for a 122 amino acid polypeptide, which contains an 18 amino acid N-terminal signal sequence. Recombinant Apo- SAA is a consensus SAA molecule corresponding to human APO-SAA1alpha except for the presence of an N-terminal methionine and substitution of asparagine for aspartic acid at position 60 and arginine for histidine at position 71(the later two substituted residues are present in apo- SAA2beta).
- Product Overview
- Human SAA1 expressed in E.coli
- CAT# CSC-CTK0612-50 (50 μg); CAT# CSC-CTK0612-250 (250 μg)
- Greater than 98% as determined by SDS-PAGE and RP-HPLC analysis.
- For most in vitro applications, APO-SAA exerts its biological activity in the concentration range of 10-50 μg/ml.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 1 EU/μg.
- Sterile-filtered through a 0.2 micron filter. Lyophilized from a protein solution with no additives.
- Please centrifuge product briefly before opening vial. The lyophilized protein should be reconstituted in sterile, ultrapure water or aqueous buffers to a concentration of 0.1- 1.0 mg mg/ml. This solution can then be diluted into other aqueous buffers and stored at -20°C for future use.
- Storage & Stability
- The lyophilized protein, though stable at room temperature for up to 3 weeks, is best stored desiccated at -20°C. Reconstituted protein should be used immediately or stored long-term in undiluted working aliquots at -20°C. For long term storage it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA). Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.