- Pleiotrophin (Osteoblast-Specific Factor-1, OSF-1) has the ability to promote adhesion, migration, expansion, and differentiation of human osteoprogenitor cells. In addition to certain types of cancer, the embryonic growth and differentiation factor pleiotrophin is found also in adults in inflammatory diseases. In osteoarthritis, pleiotrophin is especially expressed in early stages, and its concentrations in the synovial fluid could serve as a marker for the progress of the disease. Pleitrophin might be involved in cartilage repair in osteoarthritis, in particular, in earlier stages. The OSF-1 gene was shown by Northern blotting analysis to be expressed in mouse calvarial osteoblast-enriched cells and in mouse brain tissues, but not in thymus, spleen, kidney, liver, lung, testis or heart. Recombinant human Pleiotrophin, produced in E. coli, contains a His- tag and has a molecular weight of 17.3 containing 136 amino acid residues of the human OSF-1 and 16 additional amino acid residues (His-tag/thrombin cleavage site).
- Product Overview
- Human PTN expressed in E.coli
- CAT# CSC-CTK0504-20 (20 μg); CAT# CSC-CTK0504-100 (100 μg)
- Greater than 95% as determined by SDS-PAGE analysis.
- Sterile-filtered and lyophilized from a 0.5 mg/ml s olution in 0.1 M phosphate buffer and 0.1 M NaCl (pH 7.2).
- Please centrifuge product briefly before opening vial. The lyophilized protein should be reconstituted in sterile, ultra-pure water to a concentration of 0.1-1.0 mg/ml. This solution can then be diluted into other aqueous buffers and stored at -20°C for future use.
- Storage & Stability
- The lyophilized protein, though stable at room temperature for up to 3 weeks, is best stored desiccated at -20°C. It should be used immediately or stored long-term in undiluted working aliquots at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.