- IGF-1 (Insulin-like growth factor-1) is a major hormonal mediator of statural growth. Under regular circumstances, GH (growth hormone) binds to its receptor in the liver, and other tissues, and stimulates the synthesis/secretion of IGF-1. In target tissues, the Type 1 IGF receptor, that is homologous to the insulin receptor, is activated by IGF-1, leading to intracellular signaling which stimulates multiple processes leading to statural growth. IGF-1 metabolic actions are partly directed at stimulating the uptake of glucose, fatty acids, and amino acids so that metabolism supports growing tissues. The LR3 is a long-term analog of human IGF-1, specifically designed and manufactured for mammalian cell culture to support large-scale manufacturing of recombinant biopharmaceuticals. Recombinant human Long R3 Insulin Like Growth Factor-1 produced in E. coli is a single, non- glycosylated, polypeptide chain of 83 amino acids and a molecular mass of 9.1 kDa. It has been purified by proprietary chromatographic techniques.
- Product Overview
- Human IGF1 expressed in E.coli
- CAT# CSC-CTK0198-500 (500 μg); CAT# CSC-CTK0198-2500 (2.5 mg)
- Greater than 95% as determined by SDS-PAGE analysis.
- rHu IGF-1 is fully biologically active when compared to a standard. The ED50 as determined by the stimulation of protein synthesis in L6 myoblasts is less then 10 ng/ml, corresponding to a specific activity of 100,000 units/mg.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 1 EU/μg.
- Sterile-filtered, white, lyophilized (freeze-dried) powder. Lyophilized from a concentrated protein solution (1 mg/ml) in 1xPBS.
- Please centrifuge product briefly before opening vial. The lyophilized protein should be reconstituted in sterile, ultra-pure water to a concentration of 0.1-1.0 mg/ml. This solution can then be diluted into other aqueous buffers and stored at -20°C for future use.
- Storage & Stability
- The lyophilized protein, though stable at room temperature for up to 3 weeks, is best stored desiccated at -20°C. Reconstituted protein should be used immediately or stored long-term in undiluted working aliquots at -20°C. For long term storage, it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA). Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.