- Interleukin 11 (IL-11) is a pleiotropic cytokine that exerts its effects on myelopoiesis and lymphopoiesis. It can stimulate the T cell-dependent development of specific immunoglobulin-secreting B cells. IL-11 can act synergistically with IL-3, IL-4 and SCF in vitro to shorten the G0 period of early hematopoietic
progenitors. It stimulates erythropoiesis in the presence of IL-3 or SCF and enhances IL-3-dependent megakaryocyte colony formation. IL-11 promotes the development of other cell types, including adipocytes and osteoclasts, and stimulates the synthesis of hepatic acute-phase proteins. Recombinant human IL-11 contains 178 amino acids and has a molecular mass of approximately 19 kDa. It migrates in SDS-PAGE with an apparent molecular mass of 23 kDa.
- Product Overview
- Human IL11 expressed in Sf21 insect cells
- A DNA sequence encoding the 199 amino acid residue human IL-11 precursor was expressed in Sf21 insect cells using a baculovirus expression system.
- CAT# CSC-CTK0085-5 (5 μg); CAT# CSC-CTK0085-25 (25 μg)
- Expression System
- Sf21 insect cells
- Greater than 97% as determined by SDS-PAGE and visualized by silver stain
- The biological activity of recombinant human IL-11 is measured in a cell proliferation assay using T11, a subline of the IL-6-dependent murine plasmacytoma cell line T1165 that has been adapted to grow in IL-11. The ED50 for this effect is typically 0.06 - 0.24 ng/mL.
- Endotoxin Level
- Endotoxin level is <1.0 EU per 1 μg cytokine, as determined by the LAL method.
- Recombinant human IL-11 is lyophilized from a 0.2 μm filtered solution in phosphate buffered saline (PBS) containing 50 μg bovine serum albumin per 1 μg cytokine.
- Reconstitute human IL-11 at a concentration greater than 10 μg/mL with sterile PBS containing at least 0.1% human or bovine serum albumin.
- Storage & Stability
- Lyophilized human IL-11 is stable for up to twelve months from date of receipt at -20°C to -70°C. Reconstituted human IL-11 can be stored under sterile conditions at 2°C - 8°Cfor one month, or at -20°C to -70°C (in a manual defrost freezer)for three months without detectable loss of activity. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing.
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.