- Insulin Like Growth Factor Binding Protein-3 is one of the six homologous proteins that specifically bind insulin-like growth factors and modulate their mitogenic and metabolic actions. IGFBP-3 is the major IGF binding protein present in serum of humans and animals. It is also present in the alpha granules of platelets. IGFBP-3 shows a similar affinity for IGF-1 and IGF-2. IGF-BP-3 inhibits follicle stimulating hormone. Markedly decreased levels of IGF-BP-3 are observed in patients with Growth hormone deficiencies, while markedly elevated levels are observed in patients with high levels of Growth hormone (acromegaly). In murine fibroblasts the synthesis of IGFBP-3 is stimulated by mitogenic growth factors such as Bombesin, Vasopressin, PDGF, and EGF. In human skin fibroblasts the synthesis of IGFBP-3 is stimulated by TGF-beta. Recombinant human IGFBP-3 produced in E. coli is a single, non-glycosylated polypeptide chain of 264 amino acids and a molecular mass of 28,806 Dalton.
- Product Overview
- Human IGFBP3 expressed in E.coli
- CAT# CSC-CTK0203-25 (25 μg); CAT# CSC-CTK0203-125 (125 μg)
- Greater than 98% as determined by SDS-PAGE, FPLC and RP-HPLC analysis.
- RHu IGFBP-3 is fully biologically active when compared to standards. The ED50, as calculated by by its ability to inhibit IGF-II induced proliferation of MCF-7, is less than 0.2 μg/ml in the presence of 15 ng/ml of human IGF-II.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 1 EU/μg.
- Sterile-filtered, white, lyophilized (freeze-dried) powder. IGFBP-3 was lyophilized with 20 mM HCl.
- Please centrifuge product briefly before opening vial. The lyophilized protein should be reconstituted in sterile, ultra-pure water to a concentration of 0.1-1.0 mg/ml. This solution can then be diluted into other aqueous buffers and stored at -20°C for future use.
- Storage & Stability
- The lyophilized protein, though stable at room temperature for up to 3 weeks, is best stored desiccated at -20°C. Reconstituted rHu IGFBP-3 should be used immediately or stored long-term in undiluted working aliquots at -20°C. For long-term storage it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA). Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.