- Basic Fibroblast Growth Factor (bFGF) is a member of the FGF family. bFGF has been shown to support the maintenance of undifferentiated human embryonic stem cells. It also stimulates the proliferation of all cells of mesodermal origin, and many cells of neuroectodermal, ectodermal and endodermal origin, including fibroblasts, endothelial cells, astrocytes, oligodendrocytes, neuroblasts, keratinocytes, osteoblasts, smooth muscle cells and melanocytes. bFGF is a chemotactic and mitogenic agent for endothelial cells in vitro and induces neural differentiation, survival and regeneration. It has been shown to be crucial in modulating
embryonic development and differentiation. These observations from in vitro functions of bFGF suggest it may play a role in the modulation of angiogenesis, tissue repair, embryonic development and neuronal function in vivo. There are a variety of forms of bFGF due to N-terminal extensions. These extensions affect localization of bFGF in cellular compartments but do not affect biological activity. The 157 amino acid residue recombinant protein has a predicted molecular mass of approximately 17.4 kDa.
- Product Overview
- Human FGF2 expressed in E.coli
- A DNA sequence corresponding to the mature human FGF basic protein sequence was expressed in E. coli.
- CAT# CSC-CTK0012-25 (25 μg); CAT# CSC-CTK0012-125 (125 μg)
- Greater than 97% as determined by SDS-PAGE and visualized by silver stain
- The activity of recombinant human bFGF is monitored in a cell proliferation assay by using NR6R-3T3 fibroblasts. The ED50 for this effect is typically 0.5 - 2.5 ng/mL.The concentration and volume supplied will vary from lot to lot for rh bFGF.
- Endotoxin Level
- Endotoxin level is <1.0 EU per 1 μg cytokine, as determined by the LAL method.
- Supplied as a 0.2 μm filtered solution in 20 mM Tris and 1 M NaCl (pH 7.0). NOTE: We recommend centrifuging the vial before opening and preparing a stock solution in the original vial in order to maximize recovery of the cytokine. Buffer volume may reduce
- Storage & Stability
- Recombinant human bFGF is stable for up to twelve months from date of receipt at -20°C to -70°C (in a manual defrost freezer). Upon thawing, recombinant human bFGF can be stored under sterile conditions at 2 - 8°C for one month, or at -20°C to -70°C (in a manual defrost freezer) for three months without detectable loss of activity. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing.
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.