- DHH is part of the Hedgehog family which encodes signaling molecules that are involved in regulating morphogenesis. DHH protein is a precursor that is autocatalytically cleaved, the N- terminal portion is soluble and contains the signalling activity while the C-terminal portion is involved in precursor processing. Additionally, the C-terminal product covalently attaches a cholesterol moiety to the N-terminal product, restricting the N-terminal product to the cell surface and preventing it from freely diffusing throughout the organism. Defects in DHH protein have been associated with partial gonadal dysgenesis (PGD) accompanied by minifascicular polyneuropathy. DHH plays a role both male gonadal differentiation and perineurial development. DHH plays a role in intercellular signaling which is essential for a variety of patterning events during development. DHH functions as a spermatocyte survival factor in the testes & is essential for testes development. Human Recombinant DHH produced in E. coli is a single, non-glycosylated, polypeptide chain containing 197 amino acids (23-198) and having a molecular mass of 22 kDa. DHH is fused to a His-tag (20 a.a.) at the N-terminus.
- Product Overview
- Human DHH expressed in E.coli
- CAT# CSC-CTK0511-25 (25 μg); CAT# CSC-CTK0511-125 (125 μg)
- Greater than 95% as determined by SDS-PAGE analysis.
- Sterile-filtered, clear protein solution in 20 mM MES (pH 5.5), 0.5 mM DTT and 20% glycerol.
- Please centrifuge product briefly before opening vial. The dissolved protein can be diluted into other aqueous buffers and stored at -20°C for future use.
- Storage & Stability
- Store at 4°C if entire vial will be used within 1 week. Store frozen at -20°C for longer periods of time. Avoid multiple freeze-thaw cycles.
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.