- Defensins (alpha and beta) are cationic peptides with a broad spectrum of antimicrobial activity that comprise an important arm of the innate immune system. The α-defensins are distinguished from the β-defensins by the pairing of their three disulfide bonds. To date, four human β- defensins have been identified; BD-1, BD-2, BD-3 and BD-4. The β-defensin proteins are expressed as the C-terminal portion of precursors and are released by proteolytic cleavage of a signal sequence. β-defensins contain a six-cysteine motif that forms three intra-molecular disulfide bonds. β-defensins are 3-5 kDa peptides ranging in size from 33-47 amino acid residues. BD-4 is expressed in testis, stomach, uterus, neutrophils, thyroid, lung and kidney. In addition to its direct antimicrobial activities, BD-4 is chemoattractant towards human blood monocytes. Recombinant human BD-4 is a 6.0 kDa protein containing 50 amino acid residues.
- Product Overview
- Human DEFB104B expressed in E.coli
- CAT# CSC-CTK0436-20 (20 μg); CAT# CSC-CTK0436-100 (100 μg)
- Greater than 98% as determined by SDS-PAGE and HPLC analysis.
- Determined by its ability to chemoattract human monocytes using a concentration range of 0.1- 100.0 ng/ml.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 1 EU/μg.
- Lyophilized from a sterile-filtered solution with no additives.
- Please centrifuge product before opening vial. The lyophilized protein should be reconstituted with distilled, sterile water to a concentration of 0.1-1.0 mg/ml. For further dilution, carrier protein (0.1% BSA or HSA) should be added to avoid loss of bioactivity.
- Storage & Stability
- The lyophilized protein, though stable at room temperature for up to 3 weeks, is best stored desiccated at -20°C. Reconstituted protein should be used immediately or stored long-term in undiluted working aliquots at -20°C. For long-term storage it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA). Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.