- CXCL11 (I-TAC) is one of three chemokines known to bind the receptor CXCR3, the two others being CXCL9 (MIG) and CXCL10 (IP-10). CXCL11 differs from the other CXCR3 ligands in both the strength and the particularities of its receptor interactions: It has a higher affinity, is a stronger agonist, and behaves differently when critical N-terminal residues are deleted. Unlike related chemokines such as IP-10 and IL-8, ITAC does not appear to form dimers at millimolar concentrations. The origin for this behavior can be found in the solution structure, which indicates a beta-bulge in beta-strand 1 that distorts the dimerization interface used by other CXC chemokines. Recombinant human I-TAC produced in E. coli is a single, non-glycosylated polypeptide chain of 73 amino acids and a molecular mass of 8,300 Dalton.
- Product Overview
- Human CXCL11 expressed in E.coli
- CAT# CSC-CTK0573-20 (20 μg); CAT# CSC-CTK0573-100 (100 μg)
- Greater than 95% as determined by SDS-PAGE, FPLC and RP-HPLC analysis.
- Recombinant human I-TAC is fully biologically active when compared to a standard. The biological activity is calculated by its ability to chemoattract IL-2 activated human lymphocytes at a concentration of 0.1-10 ng/ml.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 1 EU/μg.
- Sterile-filtered, white, lyophilized (freeze-dried) powder. Lyophilized from a concentrated (1 mg/ml), sterile solution with no additives.
- Please centrifuge product briefly before opening vial. The lyophilized protein should be reconstituted in sterile, ultra-pure water to a concentration of 0.1-1.0 mg/ml. This solution can then be diluted into other aqueous buffers and stored at -20°C for future use.
- Storage & Stability
- The lyophilized protein, though stable at room temperature for up to 3 weeks, is best stored desiccated at -20°C. Reconstituted rHu I-TAC should be used immediately or stored long-term in undiluted working aliquots at -20°C. For long-term storage it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA). Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.