- BMP-4 (Bone Morphogenetic Protein 4) is a member of the transforming growth factor β (TGF-β) superfamily. BMPs have been shown to be key regulators of embryogenesis and are known to play a role in the growth and differentiation of various cell types, including embryonic stem cells (ESCs), mesenchymal cells, epithelial cells, hematopoietic cells, and neuronal cells. The mature recombinant human BMP-4 is a disulfide-linked homodimeric protein consisting of two 116
amino acid residue subunits, and is generated by the proteolytic removal of the signal peptide and propeptides. The monomer has a calculated molecular mass of approximately 13 kDa, but migrates as an approximately 22 kDa protein under reducing conditions in SDS-PAGE due to glycosylation.
- Product Overview
- Human BMP4 expressed in NS0 cells
- The DNA sequence encoding the human BMP-2 signal peptide and propeptide (amino acid residues 1 - 282 of human BMP-2) fused to the human BMP-4 mature chain (amino acid residues 293 - 408 of human BMP-4) (Wozney, J. et al., 1988, Science 242: 1528 - 1534) w
- CAT# CSC-CTK0039-10 (10 μg); CAT# CSC-CTK0039-50 (50 μg)
- Expression System
- NS0 cells
- Greater than 95% as determined by SDS-PAGE and visualized by silver stain
- The ED50 as measured by its ability to induce alkaline phosphatase production by mouse ATDC5 chondrogenic cells (Nakamura, K. et al., 1999, Exp. Cell Res. 250: 351) is typically 10 - 30 ng/mL.
- Endotoxin Level
- Endotoxin level is less than 1.0 EU per 1 μg of the cytokine, as determined by the LAL method.
- Lyophilized from a sterile-filtered solution in 30% acetonitrile, 0.1% TFA containing 50 μg of bovine serum albumin per 1 μg of cytokine.
- It is recommended that sterile 4 mM HCl containing at least 0.1% human serum albumin or bovine serum albumin be added to the vial to prepare a stock solution of no less than 10 μg/mL.
- Storage & Stability
- The lyophilized powder is stable for greater than six months at -20°C to -70°C. Reconstituted BMP-4 can be stored under sterile conditions at 2°C to 4°C for one month or at -20°C to -70°C for three months without detectable loss of activity. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing.
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.