- Bone Morphogenetic Protein-2 (BMP-2) is a member of the transforming growth factor β (TGF-β) superfamily and acts as a ligand for complexes of type I and II BMP receptors. BMP are important regulators of bone and cartilage formation throughout embryogenesis. BMP also have reported effects on many other cell types including neural, hematopoietic, epithelial and mesechymal cells. Specifically BMP-2 is used to direct differentiation of human embryonic stem cells to various lineages (extra-embryonic endoderm, mesenchymal and chondrocyte).1 Mature recombinant human (rh) BMP-2 is a disulfide-linked homodimeric protein consisting of two 114 amino acid residue subunits, with a calculated molecular mass of approximately 26 kDa. Due to glycosylation, rhBMP-2 migrates as an approximately 36 kDa protein under non-reducing conditions, and as a 17 - 18 kDa protein under reducing conditions in SDS-PAGE. At the amino acid sequence level, mature human, mouse
and rat BMP-2 are 100% identical.
- Product Overview
- Human BMP2 expressed in CHO cells
- The DNA sequence encoding human BMP-22 was expressed in Chinese Hamster Ovary (CHO) cells.
- CAT# CSC-CTK0020-10 (10 μg); CAT# CSC-CTK0020-50 (50 μg)
- Expression System
- CHO cells
- Greater than 90% as determined by SDS-PAGE and visualized by silver stain
- The ED50 of BMP-2 is typically 150 - 600 ng/mL as measured by its ability to induce alkaline phosphatase production by mouse ATDC5 chondrogenic cells.
- Endotoxin Level
- Endotoxin level is less than 1.0 EU per 1 μg of BMP-2 as determined by the LAL method.
- Lyophilized from a sterile-filtered solution in 35% acetonitrile plus 0.1% TFA containing 50 μg of bovine serum albumin per 1 μg of BMP-2.
- It is recommended that sterile 4 mM HCl containing at least 0.1% human or bovine serum albumin be added to the vial to prepare a stock solution of no less than 10 μg/mL .
- Storage & Stability
- The lyophilized powder is stable for up to 6 months at-20°C to -70°C. Reconstituted BMP-2 can be stored under sterile conditions at 2 - 8°Cfor 1 month or at -20°C to -70°C for 3 months ina manual defrost freezer without detectable loss of activity. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing.
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.