- Adiponectin, also referred to as Acrp30, AdipoQ and GBP-28, is a recently discovered 244 amino acid protein, the product of the apM1 gene, which is physiologically active and specifically and highly expressed in adipose cells (adipokine). The protein belongs to the soluble defence collagen superfamily; it has a collagen-like domain structurally homologous with collagen VIII and X and complement factor C1q-like globular domain. Adiponectin forms homotrimers, which are the building blocks for higher order complexes found circulating in serum.
- Product Overview
- Human ADIPOQ expressed in HEK cells
- CAT# CSC-CTK0500-10 (10 μg); CAT# CSC-CTK0500-50 (50 μg)
- Expression System
- HEK cells
- Greater than 98% as determined by SDS-PAGE and HPLC analysis.
- In vitro gluconeogenesis assay in primary hepatocytes was performed, showing the Adiponectin human derived from mammalian cells can inhibit glucose production. The ED50 was ~6 μg/ml. Effect of Adiponectin human on gluconeogenesis in primary rat hepatocytes. Primary rat hepatocytes were isolated and maintained as described by Wang et al., 2002. The cells were then treated with 50 pM insulin plus different concentration of Adiponectin Human purified from HEK293 cells for 48 hours. At the end of treatment, the cells were incubated with a glucose-free medium for 6 hours, and glucose production was measured. Effect of Acrp-30 Human Recombinant on macrophage scanvager receptor A(SRA) expression in THP1-derived macrophages.THP-1 cells grown in 6-well dishes were differentiated into macrophages using PMA. After starvation in 0.5% FBS culture medium for 16 hours, the cells were treated with 5 μg/ml human recombinant adiponectin for 2 and 3 days, respectively. Total RNA was purified using Trizol reagents. The mRNA abundance of SRA was quantified using quantitative RT PCR (Celera Gene ID: hCG27149), and normalized against 18S RNA (n=4).
- White, lyophilized (freeze-dried) powder. St erile-filtered and lyophilized from a 0.5 mg/ml solution TBS buffer.
- Please centrifuge product briefly before opening vial. For reconstitution, add 0.2 ml of deionized water and let the lyophilized pellet dissolve completely. This solution can then be stored at -20°C for future use.
- Storage & Stability
- The lyophilized protein, though stable at room temperature for up to 3 weeks, is best stored desiccated at -20°C. Reconstituted rHu Acrp30-HEK should be used immediately or stored long- term in undiluted working aliquots at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.