- Established from a lung metastasis of colon carcinoma in a 72 year old male. Tumour tissue was inoculated sub-cutaneously and serially transplanted in BALB/c nude mice and subsequently established in in vitro culture. The histological characteristics of the tumour were maintained throughout the transplantation procedure. They have receptors for a range of peptide hormones and neurotransmitters. The cells grow as monolayers, exhibit tight junctions and desmosomes between adjacent cells. The cells should be maintained at high density (at least 1/4 confluency) and are positive for keratin by immunoperoxidase staining.
- Homo sapiens, human
- STR DNA Profile
- Amelogenin: X
Penta E: 14
Penta D: 9
- Culture Properties
- The stemline modal chromosome number is 56, occurring at 28% with polyploidy at 12.4%. Eighteen markers are common to most metaphases examined. Normal X and chromosome 13 were absent; chromosomes 2, 4 and 22 were single-copied, and chromosome 12 was 4-copied. No Y chromosome was detected by Q band observation. DM occurred in nearly 50% of the cells.
- Carcinoma, colorectal; Colon; from metastatic site: lung
- Quality Control
- Tests for mycoplasma, bacteria and fungi were negative
- Storage and Shipping
- liquid nitrogen vapor phase
- The T84 cell line can be used for tumourigenicity, neurotransmitter and hormone studies. It is a transplantable human carcinoma cell line and also can be used as a suitable transfection host.
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.