- Creative Bioarray Skeletal Muscle Cell Growth Medium is a low-serum medium developed for the expansion of human skeletal muscle cell cultures. The Skeletal Muscle Cell Differentiation Medium is a serum-free medium developed to induce the fusion of skeletal muscle cells to myotubes with typical multinucleated syncytia. The media are optimized for primary human cells, but can also be used for murine, rat, canine, and rabbit skeletal muscle cells. Creative Bioarray Skeletal Muscle Cell Media are available as Medium kit. The Medium Kit consists of a 500 ml bottle of Basal Medium and the SupplementPack (a set of individual vials with pre-measured supplements) allowing the user full control over the media formulation. Adding the Supplements to the Basal Medium results in the complete Growth or Differentiation Medium, respectively. Basal Medium (with or without phenol red) as well as SupplementMix (Growth and Differentiation Medium) and SupplementPack (Growth Medium) can also be purchased separately.
- Quality Control
- All lots of Creative Bioarray Skeletal Muscle Cell Growth Medium are subjected to comprehensive quality control tests using human primary SkMC. Each lot is checked for growth promoting activity, adherence rate, and typical morphology of the tested SkMC. A
- Storage and Shipping
- Store the Basal Medium at 4 to 8 °C in the dark and the SupplementMix or SupplementPack at -20 °C immediately after arrival. Do not freeze the Basal Medium. If stored properly, the products are stable until the expiry date stated on the label. After adding the supplements to the Basal Medium, the shelf life of the complete medium is 6 weeks at 4 to 8 °C. Do not freeze the complete medium. For use, pre-warm only an aliquot of the complete medium and keep the remaining medium refrigerated at 4 to 8 °C.
Note: The SupplementMix and SupplementPack are delivered thawed and can be frozen after arrival without losing any activity.
- Recommended for
- Human Skeletal Muscle Cells (SkMC)
- Creative Bioarray Skeletal Muscle Cell Growth Medium contains all the growth factors and supplements necessary for the optimal growth of human skeletal muscle cells, e.g. Epidermal Growth Factor, basic Fibroblast Growth Factor, and Insulin (for details se
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.