- Creative Bioarray Melanocyte Growth Medium is a serum-free, PMA (Phorbol Myristate Acetate) containing Medium and has been developed for the in vitro cultivation of melanocytes. Since PMA is a tumor promoting mitogen, it may interfere with some experimental approaches. In these cases, we recommend using the PMA-free Melanocyte Growth Medium M2. The Melanocyte Growth Medium is optimized for primary human cells, but can also be used for equine, porcine, murine, and rat melanocytes. Creative Bioarray Melanocyte Growth Medium is available as Medium kit. The Medium Kit consists of a 500 ml bottle of Basal Medium and the SupplementPack (a set of individual vials with pre-measured supplements) allowing the user full control over the media formulation. Adding the SupplementPack to the Basal Medium results in the complete Growth Medium. Basal Medium (with or without phenol red) as well as the SupplementPack can also be purchased separately.
- Quality Control
- All lots of Creative Bioarray Melanocyte Growth Medium are subjected to comprehensive quality control tests using primary human melanocytes. Each lot is checked for growth promoting activity, adherence rate, and typical morphology of the tested melanocyte
- Storage and Shipping
- Store the Basal Medium at 4 to 8 °C in the dark and the SupplementMix or SupplementPack at -20 °C immediately after arrival. Do not freeze the Basal Medium. If stored properly, the products are stable until the expiry date stated on the label. After adding the supplements to the Basal Medium, the shelf life of the complete medium is 6 weeks at 4 to 8 °C. Do not freeze the complete medium. For use, pre-warm only an aliquot of the complete medium and keep the remaining medium refrigerated at 4 to 8 °C.
Note: The SupplementMix and SupplementPack are delivered thawed and can be frozen after arrival without losing any activity.
- Recommended for
- Normal Human Epidermal Melanocytes (NHEM), juvenile foreskin
- Creative Bioarray Melanocyte Growth Medium contains all the growth factors and supplements necessary for the optimal growth of human melanocytes, e.g. Bovine Pituitary Extract, the basic Fibroblast Growth Factor, and Insulin. The Medium does not contain a
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.