- Creative Bioarray Macrophage Generation Media have been developed for the efficient generation of monocyte-derived Macrophages (MDM) from freshly isolated peripheral blood monocytes or directly from PBMC as a starting material. In the latter case, the Monocyte Attachment Medium is also needed. The M1- and M2-Macrophage Generation Media DXF are ready-to-use media including cytokines for the directed differentiation of M1- or- M2-like polarized MDM. The Macrophage Base Medium DXF is the user-customizable version of the Macrophage Generation Media DXF and does not include cytokines. The Macrophage Media DXF are chemically defined and xeno-free formulations for use with freshly isolated cells. Due to the utilization of exclusively synthetic, recombinant or plant-sourced materials, this medium is free of all animal-derived components and substances of human origin with Human Serum Albumin as the only exception. Creative Bioarray Macrophage Media DXF consist of a bottle of Basal Medium and one vial of SupplementMix. Adding the SupplementMix to the Basal Medium results in the complete Medium. Indeed, all Macrophage Media DXF must be supplemented with additional cytokines. The cytokines are included with the Macrophage Generation Media DXF but not with the Macrophage Base Medium DXF.
- Quality Control
- All lots of Creative Bioarray Macrophage Media DXF are subjected to comprehensive quality control tests using human peripheral blood mononuclear cells. Each lot of Creative Bioarray Macrophage Media DXF is tested for the ability to support Macrophage diff
- Storage and Shipping
- Store the Basal Medium at 4 to 8 °C in the dark, store the SupplementMix at -20 °C immediately after arrival. Keep the Cytokine Mix at -20 °C for longterm storage or at 4 to 8 °C for up to 2 weeks. Do not freeze the Basal Medium. If stored properly, the products are stable until the expiry date stated on the label. After adding the SupplementMix to the Basal Medium, the shelf life of the complete medium is 6 weeks at 4 to 8 °C. Complete Medium supplemented with cytokines should be used within 2 weeks. Do not freeze the complete medium. For use, pre-warm only an aliquot of the complete medium and keep the remaining medium refrigerated at 4 to 8 °C.
Note: The supplements are delivered thawed and can be frozen after arrival without losing any activity. The Cytokine Mix may be aliquoted before freezing.
- Recommended for
- Human Mononuclear Cells (hMNC), freshly isolated
Human Monocytes (hMo), freshly isolated
- Creative Bioarray Macrophage Generation Media DXF contain all growth factors and supplements. The Macrophage Base Medium comes without cytokines and must therefore be adequately supplemented by the user. The Monocyte Attachment Medium does not need any fu
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.