- LS513 is a colorectal carcinoma cell line isolated in 1985 from a primary tumor biopsy from a 63 year old Caucasian male patient diagnosed with a Dukes C mucin secreting cecal tumor located at the Bauhin valve. Approximately 50% of LS513 cells express surface carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA). LS513 cells express the major histocompatibility (MHC) class I antigens HLA and beta 2 microglobulin. MHC class II antigens (HLA-DR, DQ, and DP were not detected). TGF beta-1 is inhibitory for proliferation of LS513 cells, whereas TGF beta-2 has no effect on the growth of these cells. LS513 cells are 100-fold less sensitive to TGF beta-1 than the LS-1034 cell line. LS513 cells are multidrug resistant (MDR) and are tumorigenic in nude mice. Colony forming efficiency was 30% in methylcellulose.
- Homo sapiens ,human
- STR DNA Profile
- Amelogenin: X,Y
Penta E: 5,18
Penta D: 9,14
- Culture Properties
- Two stem lines could be distinguished. The main one was represented in 65% of the cells, with a modal number of 51,XY and 3 markers, M1 - der(1)t(1;15), M2 - der(2)t(2;3)der(3)t(2;3), M3, and a monosomy 15. The second stem line had a modal chromosome number of 52,XY and presented M2 and M3 plus an isochromosome for the long arm of chromosome 1 called M4. A trisomy 5,7, a tetrasomy 13, and a monosomy 2 and 3 were present in all of the cells analyzed; the line did not exhibit monosomy 15.
- carcinoma, colorectal; cecum; Dukes type C
- Quality Control
- Tests for mycoplasma, bacteria and fungi were negative
- Storage and Shipping
- Frozen with 52.5% RPMI-1640, 40% FBS, 7.5% DMSO at about 4-5 x 10^6 cells/ampoule; ship in dry ice; store in liquid nitrogen
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.