- CRFK cells were isolated from the cortical portion of the kidneys of a 10-12 week old normal female domestic cat. CRFK are extensively used in feline virus research. Susceptible to herpesvirus and feline picornaviruses producing CPE. BVD Ag negative.
- Recommended Medium
- EMEM (EBSS) + 2mM Glutamine + 1% Non Essential Amino Acids (NEAA) + 10% FBS
- Felis catus, Cat
- Culture Properties
- Hypodiploid, modal no 36
- Quality Control
- Tests for mycoplasma, bacteria and fungi were negative
- Storage and Shipping
- Frozen with 52.5% RPMI-1640, 40% FBS, 7.5% DMSO at about 4-5 x 10^6 cells/ampoule; ship in dry ice; store in liquid nitrogen
- This cell line can be used as a suitable transfection host.
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.