- The CAL-27 cells are established from the poorly differentiated squamous cell carcinoma of the tongue removed from a 56-year-old man before treatment in 1982. CAL 27 cells are epithelial, polygonal with a highly granular cytoplasm. Immunocytochemical studies show strong positive staining with anti keratin antibodies. The cells do not grow well in semi-solid medium. Marked inhibition of thymidine incorporation was observed in the presence of VP16 (etoposide), CCNU (1-[2-chloroethyl]-3-cyclohexyl-1-nitrosourea), VM26 (teniposide), ADM (adriamycin), CPA (cyclophosphamide), and MTX (methotrexate). CAL 27 cells were resistant to treatment with VDS (vindesine sulfate), CDP (cis-platinum) or ACTD (actinomycin D).
- Homo sapiens, human
- STR DNA Profile
- Amelogenin: X
Penta D: 9,10
Penta E: 7
- Culture Properties
- Human flat-moded hypodiploid karyotype with 3% polyploidy - 41(38-45)<2n>X, -Y, -4, +7, -10, -11, -18, -20, -21, -22, +2-3mar, add(3)(q21), i(3q), i(7p), del(8)(p21), i(9q), add(13)(p11), add(14)(p11) - sideline with additional der(3) and der(7) - resembl
- Quality Control
- Mycoplasma: negative in DAPI, microbiological culture, RNA hybridization, PCR assays
Immunology: cytokeratin +, cytokeratin-7 -, cytokeratin-8 +, cytokeratin-17 +, cytokeratin-18 +, cytokeratin-19 -, desmin -, endothel -, EpCAM +, GFAP -, neurofilament -
- Storage and Shipping
- Frozen with 70% medium, 20% FBS, 10% DMSO at about 1 x 10^6 cells/ampoule; ship in dry ice; store in liquid nitrogen
- These cells have been used in studies of anti-tumour agents.
- Squamous cell carcinoma
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.