- Recombinant rat Stem Cell Factor is a hematopoietic growth factor that exerts its activity at the early stages of hematopoiesis. rRa SCF stimulates the proliferation of myeloid, erythroid, and lymphoid progenitors in bone marrow cultures and has been shown to act synergistically with colony stimulating factors. Recombinant rat Stem Cell Factor (SCF) produced in E. coli is a single, non-glycosylated polypeptide chain of 165 amino acids and a molecular mass of 18,409 Dalton.
- Product Overview
- Rat Kitl expressed in E.coli
- CAT# CSC-CTK0832-10 (10 μg); CAT# CSC-CTK0832-50 (50 μg)
- Greater than 98% as determined by SDS-PAGE, FPLC and RP-HPLC analysis.
- Recombinant rat Stem Cell Factor is fully biologically active when compared to a standard. The ED50, determined by the dose-dependent stimulation of the proliferation of human MO7e cells, is 1 x 10^5 units/mg.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 1 EU/μg.
- Sterile-filtered, white, lyophilized (freeze-dried) powder. Lyophilized from a concentrated (1 mg/ml) solution in water containing 20 M Tris (pH 7.5).
- Please centrifuge product briefly before opening vial. The lyophilized protein should be reconstituted in sterile, ultra-pure water to a concentration of 0.1-1.0 mg/ml. This solution can then be diluted into other aqueous buffers and stored at -20°C for future use.
- Storage & Stability
- The lyophilized protein, though stable at room temperature for up to 3 weeks, is best stored desiccated at -20°C. Reconstituted rRa SCF should be used immediately or stored long-term in undiluted working aliquots at -20°C. For long term storage, it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA). Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.