- Interleukin-21 (IL-21), expressed by activated CD4(+) T cells, is the newest member of the common gamma-chain family of cytokines, which includes IL-2, IL-4, IL-7, IL-9, IL-13, and IL-15. Its private receptor, IL-21R, is expressed on T, B, and NK cells. Within the B cell lineage, IL-21 regulates IgG1 production and cooperates with IL-4 for the production of multiple Ab classes in vivo. IL-21R has been shown to activate the Janus kinase/signal transducers and activators of transcription signaling pathway upon ligand binding. Initial studies have demonstrated that IL-21 has pleiotropic effects on the proliferation, differentiation, and effector functions of B, T, natural killer, and dendritic cells. Recombinant rat IL-21 produced in E. coli is a single, non-glycosylated polypeptide chain of 129 amino acids and a total molecular mass of 15.2 kDa. It has been purified by proprietary chromatographic techniques.
- Product Overview
- Rat Il21r expressed in E.coli
- CAT# CSC-CTK0831-10 (10 μg); CAT# CSC-CTK0831-50 (50 μg)
- Greater than 95% as determined by SDS-PAGE and RP-HPLC analysis.
- Recombinant rat IL-21 is fully biologically active when compared to a standard. The biological activity is measured by its ability to proliferate activated B cells.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 1 EU/μg.
- White (freeze-dried) powder. Lyophilized from a sterile-filtered (0.2 μm) concentrated protein solution in 1×PBS (pH 7.4).
- Please centrifuge product briefly before opening vial. The lyophilized protein should be reconstituted in sterile, ultra-pure water to a concentration of 0,1 - 1,0 mg/ml. This solution can then be diluted into other aqueous buffers and stored at -20°C for future use.
- Storage & Stability
- The lyophilized protein, though stable at room temperature for up to 3 weeks, is best stored desiccated at -20°C. Reconstituted rRa IL-21 should be used immediately or stored long-term in undiluted working aliquots at -20°C. For long-term, storage it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA). Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.