- IL-17F is a cytokine that shares sequence similarity with IL-17. It is expressed by activated T cells, and has been shown to stimulate the production of several other cytokines, including IL-6, IL-8, and CSF2/GM-CSF. IL-17F inhibits the angiogenesis of endothelial cells and induces endothelial cells to produce IL-2, TGF-b1/TGF-b, and Monocyte Chemoattractant Protein-1. IL-17F induces stromal cells to produce proinflammatory and hematopoietic cytokines. Intestinal IL-17F gene expression is increased in active CD. IL-17A and IL-17F alleles influence the susceptibility to and pathophysiological features of ulcerative colitis independently. IL-17F and MIF gene polymorphisms are significantly associated with the development of functional dyspepsia. The initiation of IL-17F/IL-17R signaling pathway requires the receptor ubiquitination by TRAF6. IL-17F induces expression of IFN-gamma-inducible protein 10 (IP-10) by activating Raf1- mitogen-activated protein kinase 1/2-extracellular-regulated kinase 1/2-p90 ribosomal S6 kinase-cyclic AMP response element-binding protein signaling pathway. Rat Recombinant IL-17F produced in E. coli is a homodimeric, non-glycosylated polypeptide chain containing a total of 270 amino acids and having a molecular mass of 30 kDa.
- Product Overview
- Rat Il17f expressed in E.coli
- CAT# CSC-CTK0830-25 (25 μg); CAT# CSC-CTK0830-125 (125 μg)
- Greater than 97% as determined by SDS-PAGE and RP-HPLC analysis.
- Sterile-filtered, white, lyophilized (freeze-dried) powder. The protein was lyophilized from a concentrated (1 mg/ml) solution with no additives.
- Please centrifuge product briefly before opening vial. The lyophilized protein should be reconstituted in sterile, ultrapure water or aqueous buffers to a concentration of 0.1- 1.0 mg mg/ml. This solution can then be diluted into other aqueous buffers and stored at -20°C for future use.
- Storage & Stability
- The lyophilized protein, though stable at room temperature for up to 3 weeks, is best stored desiccated at -20°C. Reconstituted protein should be used immediately or stored long-term in undiluted working aliquots at -20°C. For long term storage it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA). Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.