- A polypeptide that is secreted by the adenohypophysis. Growth hormone, also known as somatotropin, stimulates mitosis, cell differentiation and cell growth. Species-specific growth hormones have been synthesized. GH augments the cytolytic activity of T-cells, antibody synthesis, and granulocyte differentiation induced by GM-CSF. GH also enhances production of TNF-alpha, generation of superoxide anions from peritoneal macrophages, and natural killer activity. Recombinant rat GH produced in E. coli is a single, non-glycosylated polypeptide chain having a molecular mass of 21,940 Dalton.
- Product Overview
- Rat Gh1 expressed in E.coli
- CAT# CSC-CTK0870-100 (100 μg); CAT# CSC-CTK0870-500 (500 μg)
- Greater than 97% as determined by SDS-PAGE, FPLC and RP-HPLC analysis.
- Recombinant Rat Growth Hormone is fully biologically active when compared to a World Health Organization (WHO) reference standard.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 1 EU/μg.
- Sterile-filtered, white, lyophilized (freeze-dried)powder. Rat Growth Hormone (1 mg/ml) was lyophilized after extensive dialyses against 5 mM phosphate buffer, 5 mg/l mannitol and 1 mg/l glycine.
- Please centrifuge product briefly before opening vial. The lyophilized protein should be reconstituted in sterile, ultra-pure water to a concentration of 0.1-1.0 mg/ml. This solution can then be diluted into other aqueous buffers and stored at -20°C for future use.
- Storage & Stability
- The lyophilized protein, though stable at room temperature for up to 3 weeks, is best stored desiccated at -20°C. Reconstituted rRa GH should be used immediately or stored long-term in undiluted working aliquots at -20°C. For long-term storage it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA). Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.