- Fibroblast growth factor-9 (FGF-9) is a steroid-regulated mitogen and survival factor for nerve and mesenchymal cells. Proteins of this family play a central role during prenatal development and postnatal growth and regeneration of a variety of tissues, by promoting cellular proliferation and differentiation. FGF family members possess broad mitogenic and cell survival activities, and are involved in a variety of biological processes, including embryonic development, cell growth, morphogenesis, tissue repair, tumor growth and invasion. FGF-9 targets glial cells, astrocytes cells and other cells that express the FGFR 1c, 2c, 3b, 3c, and 4. Rat and mouse FGF-9 show a very high homology to human FGF-9. The transcripts for FGF-9 have been found in brain and in kidney tissue. Fibroblast Growth Factor-9 is a member of the fibroblast growth factor (FGF) family. Recombinant rat FGF-9 produced in E. coli is a single, non-glycosylated polypeptide chain of 205 amino acids and a molecular mass of 23,308 Dalton. It has been purified by proprietary chromatographic techniques.
- Product Overview
- Rat Fgf9 expressed in E.coli
- CAT# CSC-CTK0806-10 (10 μg); CAT# CSC-CTK0806-50 (50 μg)
- Greater than 95% as determined by SDS-PAGE, FPLC and RP-HPLC analysis.
- Recombinant murine FGF-9 is fully biologically active when compared to standards. The ED50, calculated by the dose-dependent proliferation of BAF3 cells expressing FGF receptors (measured by 3H-thymidine uptake), is <0.5 ng/ml corresponding to a specific activity of 2 x 10^6 Units/mg.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 1 EU/μg.
- Lyophilized (freeze-dried), white powder. The prote in was lyophilized from a concentrated (1 mg/ml), sterile-filtered protein solution in 10 mM phosphate buffer (pH 7.5) and 75 mM ammonium sulfate.
- Please centrifuge product briefly before opening vial. The lyophilized protein should be reconstituted in sterile, ultra-pure water to a concentration of 0.1-1.0 mg/ml. This solution can then be diluted into other aqueous buffers and stored at -20°C for future use.
- Storage & Stability
- The lyophilized protein, though stable at room temperature for up to 3 weeks, is best stored desiccated at -20°C. Reconstituted rRa FGF-9 should be used immediately or stored long-term in undiluted working aliquots at -20°C. For long term storage, it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA). Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.