- Granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF) is as erythroid, megakaryocyte and eosinophil progenitors. GM-CSF is produced by cell types such as activated T cells, B cells, macrophages, mast cells, endothelial cells and fibroblasts in response to cytokine or immune and inflammatory stimuli. GM-CSF can also activate effector functions of mature granulocytes, monocytes, macrophages and eosinophils. It is also thought that GM-CSF has a functional role on non-
hematopoietic cells, and can stimulate the proliferation of tumor cells, including osteogenic sarcoma, carcinoma and adenocarcinoma cell lines. Recombinant rat GM-CSF preparation contains a mixture of the 127 and 128 amino acid residue methionyl forms of rat GM-CSF. The mature rat GM-CSF has a calculated mass of 14.7 kDa. Recombinant rat GM-CSF is reactive with mouse cells.
- Product Overview
- Rat Csf2 expressed in E.coli
- A DNA sequence encoding the mature rat GM-CSF protein sequence (Ala 1- Lys 127) was expressed in E. coli.
- CAT# CSC-CTK0058-5 (5 μg); CAT# CSC-CTK0058-25 (25 μg)
- Greater than 97% as determined by SDS-PAGE and visualized by silver stain
- The biological activity of GM-CSF is measured by its ability to induce proliferation of the factor-dependent mouse cell line, DA3. The ED50 is typically 0.03 - 0.10 ng/mL.
- Endotoxin Level
- Endotoxin level is <0.1 ng (1.0 EU) per 1 μg cytokine, as determined by the LAL method.
- Recombinant rat GM-CSF is lyophilized from a 0.2 μm filtered solution in phosphate buffered saline (PBS) containing 50 μg bovine serum albumin per 1 μg cytokine.
- Centrifuge vial prior to opening. Reconstitute rat GM-CSF at a concentration greater than 10 μg/mL with sterile PBS containing at least 0.1% human or bovine serum albumin.
- Storage & Stability
- Lyophilized rat GM-CSF is stable for up to six months from date of receipt at -20°C to -70°C. Reconstituted rat GM-CSF can be stored under sterile conditions
at 2°C - 8°C for one month, or at -20°C to -70°C (in a manual defrost freezer) for three months without detectable loss of activity. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing.
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.