- ENA-78 is a CXC chemokine that signals through the CXCR2 receptor. It is expressed in monocytes, platelets, endothelial cells, and mast cells. ENA-78 is a chemoattractant for neutrophils. Three N-terminal truncated variants of human ENA-78; ENA 5-78, ENA 8-78, ENA 9-78, contain 74, 71, and 70 amino acid residues, respectively, possess increased biological activity. ENA-78 contains the four conserved cysteine residues present in CXC chemokines, and also contains the 'ELR' motif common to CXC chemokine that bind to the CXCR1 and CXCR2 receptors. This chemokine stimulates the chemotaxis of neutrophils possesses angiogenic properties. It elicits these effects by interacting with the cell surface chemokine receptor CXCR2. The gene for CXCL5 is encoded on four exons and is located on human chromosome 4 amongst several other CXC chemokine genes. CXCL5 has been implicated in connective tissue remodelling. Recombinant rat ENA-78 produced in E. coli is a single, non-glycosylated polypeptide chain of 93 amino acids and a molecular mass of 10 kDa. It has been purified by proprietary chromatographic techniques.
- Product Overview
- Rat Cxcl5 expressed in E.coli
- CAT# CSC-CTK0848-20 (20 μg); CAT# CSC-CTK0848-100 (100 μg)
- Greater than 97% as determined by SDS-PAGE and RP-HPLC analysis.
- Recombinant rat ENA-78 is fully biologically active when compared to a standard. The biological activity was determined by its ability to chemoattract human peripheral blood neutrophils using a concentration range of 10.0-100.0 ng/ml.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 1 EU/μg.
- White (freeze-dried) powder. Lyophilized from a sterile-filtered (0.2 μm) concentrated (1 mg/ml) protein solution in 1×PBS (pH 7.4).
- Please centrifuge product briefly before opening vial. The lyophilized protein should be reconstituted in sterile, ultra-pure water to a concentration of 0.1-1.0 mg/ml. This solution can then be diluted into other aqueous buffers and stored at -20°C for future use.
- Storage & Stability
- The lyophilized protein, though stable at room temperature for up to 3 weeks, is best stored desiccated at -20°C. Reconstituted rRa ENA-78 should be used immediately or stored long-term in undiluted working aliquots at -20°C. For long-term storage, it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA). Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.